Guaranteed error-free production
For economical production of saddle stitched and perfect bound products, ensuring excellent product quality and lowest possible waste are key factors. To achieve this goal, greater emphasis needs to be placed on quality control. ASIR, the automatic signature image recognition system guarantees that only complete and correctly assembled magazines and brochures reach the reader.
The ASIR3 sensor, installed in feeders of saddle stitching and gathering machines, ensures that all products are correctly assembled. ASIR3 combines image recognition with bar code reading and offers the most reliable control for top product quality.
Greater convenience and flexibility
ASIR3 communicates with the machine control system and is easy to operate. An outstanding feature of ASIR3 is that the sensor switches automatically between image recognition and barcode reading mode and does not have to be controlled by a master control system.
In combined operation, some feeders can operate in barcode mode while others operate in image recognition mode. This makes it possible to process a mix of signatures with and without barcode.
Since the sensor uses a non-contact recognition system there is no risk of marking.
- Unparalleled accuracy. Because ASIR 3 utilizes barcode technology, it’s possible to identify any signature with 99.9% accuracy.
- Highly adaptable. ASIR 3 can be added to Muller Martini equipment as well as competitive equipment. In addition, it instantly updates the technological capabilities of legacy machines.
- Superior quality control. ASIR 3 combines barcode recognition with image comparison to deliver job-specific, highly reliable quality control.
- Cost-savings. How much did that last spoiled job cost you? ASIR 3 reduces reprints and waste.
- Enhanced ROI. Adding ASIR 3 technology increases your machine’s resale value.