The fully automated and user-friendly ribbon inserting machine pulls ribbons tightly into the bookblocks. The Ribbon can be used as stand-alone unit or integrated in in-line book production systems between three-knife trimmer and bookline.
The Advantages at a Glance
- User-friendly operation thanks to the Amrys system
- Data input via HMI panel in stand-alone operation
- Data input via the Diamant MC touchscreen in in-line operation
- Insertion of up to three ribbons at the same time
- Machine speeds independent of the bookblock size
- Ribbon insertion also in single bookblocks as in sample book productions
- Reliable design
Patented Ribbon Inserting Station
The ribbon is pulled from a reel, measured to length, cut and led to the patented ribbon inserting station. Air-jet supported splitters carefully open the bookblock simultaneously in two positions. In the ribbon inserting station, the ribbon is inserted into one of the splitter openings and pulled tightly from foot to head of the block. At the same time, the reader’s end of the ribbon is inserted into the second opening where it is kept safe during further processing of the bookblock. The other, to-be-glued end of the ribbon which protrudes from the head of the bookblock is pulled towards the book spine. In the bookline, that end of the ribbon is then glued to the bookblock spine.